HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Server Feedback/Evaluation Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kwakki3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Server Feedback/Evaluation Results Empty
PostSubject: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:14 am

Fair play I don't usually make a feedback thread for servers they're usually too terrible to waste my time on even creating a forum account, but I do evaluate all servers I play thoroughly and now I'll start my evaluation explanations.

Staff and Eco evaluation/comparison to other servers I've played

I have played hundreds of RSPS if not thousands and that's no exaggeration, the amount of servers that seem decent then end up not being worth the time to put effort into, first thing I evaluate is the staff, when I started this server there was just an owner and co-owner, both live next to each other both can code, that's a great start don't own a server if you rely on others you don't even know to code or unless you're rich enough to hire decent coders. I only look for new servers because any server that's been out for 6 months+ Eco's already ruined, I mean I know all servers have to make it easier than real Runescape so the Eco will ruin quite quickly either way and only way to fix that would be monthly Eco reset, but eh the point is no point starting a server when the Eco's already ruined so I start them before that. Most new servers I log on and what do you know Owner, Co-Owner oh and whos that next to them Admin, Admin, Admin, Mod, Mod all with torva and phat's, next day the admins and Mod's friends also have torva and phats from "drops" or "donating" yeah not bloody likely, straight away off that server it's never gaining players unless it's a spawn server.

This server fair enough only reason there's so many rich people is because of 2 reasons, money for 99s and safe spotting bosses, but now the safe spotting is against the rules it will happen less and the Eco should straighten out a bit. And as I mentioned it started off as an Owner and Co-Owner, then after maybe a week 1 Forum Mod and 1 In-Game Mod was picked which is a good decision, any more and there would be more staff than players which is utterly pointless.

Now I'll evaluate and compare against a server I played maybe 2 years ago, there was a Co-Owner on it that didn't like me because I was made Mod for being good at what I do, personally I don't like being Mod and I only accepted it on that server because it pissed off the co-owner I never done anything to aggravate him I just done what a Mod was supposed to do, I confronted him about all his wrong doing, then he jailed me, teleported to some coordinates on an island north of the wilderness, then teleported me to him, the owner logged on once a month so the server was no good anyway but it was left to some guy that didn't like being told when he's wrong.

This server fortunately the Owner and Co-Owner stick to their own rules so there won't be any problems like that, only future problem that's possible is when the server gets bigger and some Admin's start being chosen, but I'm sure any wrong doings the person responsible will be dealt with.

Server in general evaluated

No comparison to any specific servers this time just a comparison to most in general, the only real way to keep a server alive isn't just to gain players and money to make the server more stable (not saying it's not stable but VPS have less downtime, which is given as they're in cooled rooms and barley ever turn them off), yes that's a great start but regular updates is essential, most servers the Owners decide "the games complete" and then no more updates ever until someone finds a dupe then its a dupe fix, but what sort of long running game is "finished" not a good one even if you don't notice half the updates all good games have regular updates usually weekly sometimes monthly, this server so far has been having lots of updates which is great that's exactly what it needs.

And thus ends my evaluation... why end it here when there's so much more I could say? because the posts long enough as it is, most of you won't even read the post you'll just skip to here because it's in different color from the rest, bigger writing and bold Wink.
Back to top Go down
Herby
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Herby

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:11 am

Thank You For Your Concern, VPS will be added soon and the eco is starting to shorten out abit. Might have to reset some items that was made by safespots.. nice to see someone with so much passion to write and to share that with us thank you

Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I1b576
Back to top Go down
http://cprsps.forumotion.com/
kwakki3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:02 am

No problem and the not having a vps wasn't a big concern, without donations coming in it might not be worth having a vps yet, although i do feel people may not like the fact there is some downtime everyday but at the end of the day atleast its guaranteed to only be for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Herby
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Herby

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:29 am

yh i fully understand, vps will bring alot of players this is why we are looking in to it Smile

Back to top Go down
Miltezzy
Owner of Chronosphere
Owner of Chronosphere
Miltezzy

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I really appriciated. Already made some new changes +rep. I hope you stay in this server cuz we need people like you

Server Feedback/Evaluation Results 1da74U1
Back to top Go down
http://cprsps.forumotion.com
Skumzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Skumzy

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 2:50 am

Awesome feedback man, I actually learned a lot about good and bad server management from that, so thanks heaps!

Edit: I agree with all of what you said, especially about the updates. It's great that Miltezzy and the other staff members are constantly working to expand the server by adding new features and fixing bugs every 2-3 days. Their dedication is admirable.
Back to top Go down
Miltezzy
Owner of Chronosphere
Owner of Chronosphere
Miltezzy

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 5:06 am

Skumzy wrote:
Awesome feedback man, I actually learned a lot about good and bad server management from that, so thanks heaps!

Edit: I agree with all of what you said, especially about the updates. It's great that Miltezzy and the other staff members are constantly working to expand the server by adding new features and fixing bugs every 2-3 days. Their dedication is admirable.

Thanks <3 , actually faceless just scratch his balls, but its okay Smile
I will keep updating/coding the server every week Nyan

Server Feedback/Evaluation Results 1da74U1
Back to top Go down
http://cprsps.forumotion.com
Skumzy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Skumzy

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 5:42 am

Miltezzy wrote:
Skumzy wrote:

Thanks <3 , actually faceless just scratch his balls, but its okay Smile
I will keep updating/coding the server every week Nyan

Ahahaha fair enough, yea I wasn't sure who to credit so I thought it'd be best to be safe and credit both of ya xD
Back to top Go down
Herby
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Herby

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 3:09 pm

i agree defiantly need players like him

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Feedback/Evaluation Results   Server Feedback/Evaluation Results I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Feedback/Evaluation Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1